Today I noticed my local Morrisons in Seaford is selling loose apricots at £10.99 per kilo.
Wondering whether these were the most expensive apricots ever, I tried comparing this with prices in other major supermarkets. Despite the plethora of comparison sites out there, this turned out not to be a straightforward exercise. However, I did find:
- Tesco at £10.94 per kilo.
- Waitrose at £10.94 per kilo.
- ASDA at £9.38 per kilo.
- Sainsbury’s dedicates a page to nectarines, plums and apricots but it does not feature any apricots at present.
- Aldi & Lidl websites do not seem to have a search function for their products.
- But here is my “favourite offer” from the MySupermarket site, which must win hands down for most expensive apricots ever (I suspect a data entry error)…